Aberdeen Exhaust Repair & Replacement
Is your exhaust rattling?
Exhaust rattle usually means that the exhaust system is loose or misaligned. There are a number of reasons for this, including:
Rusted or missing brackets
External damage from a collision
Another loose part touching your exhaust system
As a result of a leaking exhaust.
Signs you need to replace your exhaust
- Patches of rust or corrosion that aren’t just on the surface
- Cracks, holes or weak structural integrityin any part of the exhaust
- Engine misfires. A leaking exhaust means more oxygen enters the engine. Your car’s onboard computer registers this as inefficient combustion and injects more fuel into your engine overwhelming your Catalytic Converter causing it to fail.
Catalytic Converter Maintenance
Catalytic converters typically last for 10 years or more, but they can become contaminated, clogged, overheated or physically damaged — leading to sluggish engine performance and, eventually, engine shutdown.
Some symptoms of a bad catalytic converter are:
- Sluggish engine performance
- Reduced acceleration
- Dark exhaust smoke
- A smell of sulphur or rotten eggs from the exhaust
- Excessive heat under the vehicle
- Some of those symptoms can also be caused by other parts of the emissions system, so it’s important for our team to diagnose when it’s time to replace your catalytic converter.